7 WAYS TO FEEL ALIVE!
FREE iKOU PROGRAM: 7 WAYS TO FEEL ALIVE!
It’s nearly time to say goodbye to 2020. The start of a new year often inspires change and a craving to reset goals. But rather than wait for 2021 to start, let’s use the END of this year as the time to reconnect with our health and happiness. Let's re-emerge from this year not just surviving, but THRIVING!
Stress and worry often starts us down a path of patterns that dull our senses and drain our energy and positivity. It’s easy to fall into the habit of using alcohol, TV/ social media and comfort food at night to “relax”, then hit snooze in the morning because we wake up tired.
Ask yourself- do my current life patterns achieve my goals to feel energised and alive?
Want to enjoy the feeling of a reset to end the year?
We’ve been inspired to create a FREE iKOU program called “7 Ways to Feel Alive!”
This program is a simple list of 7 lifestyle actions you can implement to feel happier, more relaxed and give you a boost of energy, every day, not matter what!
ARE YOU READY TO JOIN US IN ACTIONING THESE 7 THINGS FOR THE NEXT 7 DAYS?
1. READ THE LIST OF 7 THINGS TO FEEL ALIVE BELOW. Reflect on the ones you will find most challenging and think of ideas to get organised to make them easy to implement.
2. PRINT THE FREE INSPIRATIONAL CARDS. Cut them out and stick them up in places that inspire you to follow your goals- the bathroom mirror, the fridge, next to your computer or bedside table.
3. RECEIVE DAILY INSPIRATION, TIPS AND TRICKS TO STAY ON TRACK EACH MORNING BY FOLLOWING ON INSTAGRAM OR FACEBOOK.
4. PRINT 7 COPIES OF OUR FREE WELLNESS JOURNAL AND RECORD YOUR PROGRESS EACH DAY. Studies have found writing things down helps us stay on track to our goals more easily.
At the end of the 7 days we will be announcing a competition to be one of 5 people to WIN a copy of iKOU- ENERGISE YOUR LIFE BOOK. To enter, we’ll be asking everyone who joined the 7 day iKOU program if they are feeling a new zest for life, and which of the 7 things was the biggest game changer for them.
We hope this inspires you!
Are you ready to get started?
I’m cheering you on to FEEL GREAT regardless of 2020!
SCROLL TO SEE 7 WAYS TO FEEL ALIVE:
1 - RELAX WITHOUT DULLING YOUR SHINE. You don’t have to numb your feelings to de-stress. True relaxation makes you feel more energised and alive!
7 DAY GOAL:
- Go alcohol free
- Switch off screens in the evening
- Replace TV or social surfing with meditation, a good book, a hot bath, an early night, an evening walk, give yourself a head and shoulder massage.
- Learn to enjoy silence!
2 - START YOUR MORNING WITH THE SUNRISE- SET THE TONE FOR A GREAT DAY AHEAD.
7 DAY GOAL:
- “Early to bed early to rise” this week.
- Get 8 hours quality sleep, the more before midnight the better.
- Set your alarm to welcome the sunrise with an early morning walk, writing in a gratitude journal, meditating, exercising or with a yoga session. Choose actions that gets your feel good endorphins going to make you smile!
3 - EAT COLOURFUL FOOD THAT NOURISHES YOUR BODY. TRY NEW RECIPES!
7 DAY GOAL:- Prepare the week to make it easy to eat food that makes you feel great by stocking up with colourful fruits and vegetables.
- Search for healthy plant based recipes that inspire you to eat more vibrant colours.
- Make your daily lunches “big salads”, “power bowls” or “nourish bowls” that include fresh greens and feel the difference after just a couple of days.
4 - CREATE A HOME SPA SANCTUARY AND GIVE YOURSELF A SELF-CARE TREATMENT.
7 DAY GOAL:
- Home spa rituals benefit body our physical and mental wellbeing. They settle the nervous system, balance our skin and relax our muscles.
- Dedicate at least one hour this week as an appointment with yourself. Set up the room as a sacred space as if you are visiting a day spa.
- If you live with a partner you could trade a treatment: a scalp or foot massage, or enjoy a hot bath together with a back and shoulder scrub.
- You can also turn your evening skincare ritual into a home spa facial. Infuse your face towels in a sink of hot water and essential oils like “Tranquility”, “Lavender” or “De-Stress”.
- Massage your face and release tension from the temples and jaw with Baobab & Neroli Calming Face Oil.
5 - STAY HYDRATED!
7 DAY GOAL:
Drink more water:
- Aim for 8 glasses a day and make it easy by putting it into a jug you can measure to sip throughout the day. Infuse it with lime or cucumber to make it taste delicious.
Hydrate your skin:
- Stress dries our skin out and makes it tight and tense. Hydrate your face and body each morning and night and notice how relaxed it makes you feel. Try “De-Stress Body Souffle” and “Baobab & Neroli Calming Face Oil”
6 - LET YOUR BODY SWEAT- EXERCISE EACH DAY TO FEEL GREAT!
7 DAY GOAL:
Exercise that makes you sweat makes you feel so alive. It’s great to detox your skin and gets the good endorphins going.
Work with the body you have today. If you haven’t exercised for a while or at the intensity you used to just start with CONSISTENCY.
It’s better to work sustainably each day so you can do more tomorrow.
Choose just 30 minutes every day.
Set a time and what you will do in advance so it’s an appointment with yourself.
Have your clothes ready so all you have to do is start!
7 - SHIFT YOUR THOUGHTS TO GRATITUDE
7 DAY GOAL:
It’s easy to focus on what we don’t like in life but often the difference to how we feel is simply how we think.
Change your self-talk to focus on the positive and you will feel more positive.
Eg: “While this has been challenging, I am so grateful I went through this because it led me to…” “Even though I had a tough day I’m so grateful for…”
Choose 3 things each day that you are grateful for- and make one thing about yourself.
Write them down and SMILE!
is the Founder of iKOU and author of the book "Energise your life". Her passion for inspiring others to live a life of wellness & joy shines through in everything she does. As an intuitive Aromatherapist, Naomi incorporates mind & body benefits into all she creates, believing we respond best when we treat as a 'whole". Winner of the Telstra Business Women's Award for "Entrepreneur of the Year", Naomi has a particular interest in supporting busy women to enjoy rituals of self-care on a daily basis.