CANDLE BURNING TIPS
Living in Australia’s world heritage listed Blue Mountains, brings an awareness of the environment to the way we create iKOU candles. We offset our production with solar and wind power, and our waxes are sourced from GM-Free and non-Amazon plantations.
Wellness is an integral part of the iKOU Lifestyle. Our waxes are 100% natural plant wax (palm-free, colour-free, paraffin-free and vegan).
Our wicks are pure cotton-braided and metal-free with paper cores. We believe that as our beautiful candles are ethically made with love, you will feel this intention as you burn them.
- Large glasses should be burned 3-4 hours at a time. If burning longer, allow the candle to rest by blowing out, trimming wick if needed and cooling down before relighting.
- Small glasses should be rested after 3 hours.
- Do not allow candle to burn right down to the bottom of the glass. To avoid overheating, stop burning candle when about 13 mm wax is left in large glass and about 10mm wax in small glass.
- Keep wicks trimmed to 5-7mm during burning and before relighting.
- Ensure wicks are upright at all times (they are designed to curl over at the top, just make sure the wick itself is straight, including when extinguishing).
- If the glass has two wicks, both must be lit each time.
- When not in use, protect from dust by covering candle.
- Never leave a burning candle unattended.
- Glass may become hot, always place on a heat resistant holder (not on metal lid).
- Do not use lid to extinguish candle.
- DO NOT BURN CANDLE GLASS ON LID.
- Burn on a level surface to ensure even burning.
- Keep out of reach of children & pets and away from flammable materials.
- Protect from draughts, heaters, fans and air-conditioning.
- Never add any liquid to candles.